1. Learn how to identify bed bugs.
2. When visiting, bring in only what you need and avoid placing bags close to walls or furniture (if this is unavoidable place belongings in a closed white plastic kitchen bag and examine if for any bed bugs before leaving).
3. If possible, stand rather than sit, or avoid sitting on furniture with fabric – wood or metal chairs are better.
4. Inspect shoes, clothing, and belongings after leaving.
5. If you find any bed bugs kill them immediately.
6. Put work clothes in the dryer for at least 30 minutes on high heat when you get home.
7. Use disposable protective clothing such as shoe covers and coveralls.